Tuesday 24 January 2017

Final Script Evaluation and Changes

After completing all my other tasks, such as casting and location research, I have found my final script to be pretty much completely spot on in terms of everything I am going to need to make it happen. Since a lot of my things are very generic and easy to obtain/visit, e.g. a road or a train station, there wasn't really anything that needed changing as there are so many different ways I can access these things. I also managed to secure a very good voice over artist to do my narration, and so I didn't have to change any of that either - I simply recorded myself saying the parts in the pace that I wanted, and then sent it to him along with the script.

I think I have definitely included enough detail in my script to make it very easy for myself whilst filming - I made sure to write in every time I wanted a change of setting, or a different angle, or a cut to happen. This will help me hugely on set - if I have a copy of the script with me, I can very easily check back over it if needed and know for sure what the original plan is in terms of angles etc. It will also make post a lot easier, as in editing I can use the cuts I have written into my script as a reference point, and so not only will I immediately know what order to put everything in, I will know how long roughly each shot should last, and where it should actually end. Also, once I create a shot list according to my storyboards and script, it hopefully won't take me long to get everything organised on the day, maximising my time for reshoots and camera positioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment